Wednesday 12 January 2011

The filming process

The filming of my short film 'Crossing the line' is now complete. As planned the office scenes were filmed on Friday 7th of January and the Forest scenes were filmed on Saturday the 8th of January.

Overall, the filming process went very well, all actors were available for me to direct at the time specified to them and i already had all props and costumes ready to be used when needed.

I did encounter a few problems while filming. Firstly, there were a few continuity errors that i didn't spot while filming and have only just noticed when playing back the footage, although most of these errors are small things which would be hard to avoid such as the positioning of the sun. I hope to make the best of some of these small continuity errors by incorporating relevant ones into the plot of my short film.

For the next week or so i will concentrate on editing my film until perfection is achieved.

1 comment: